Translate

A site that publishes some brief articles and other teaching of Father Thomas Reeves, the Priest/Pastor at St. Matthew's Episcopal Church in Bloomington, IL (stmattsblm.org)

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

A New Era?

 I rediscovered an article that had blessed me a few years back, and it blessed me again today.

I resubmit this article for those who value the unchanging character and revelation of our God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and who love Christ's one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church, i.e., the New Covenant people of God. I share this article for those who grieve as they watch so much of the leadership in the American Church put their hope in other Kingdoms, beliefs, and movements (of many different flavors and denominations).

We are called to love and serve Christ's church, even when she seems overwhelmingly distracted and unfaithful. However, as Christ instructed his disciples about the rebellious leaders of the Old Covenant in His day: "...listen to them, but do not do what they do (or be who they are!)". We are to be in the world, not of it. When we embrace clear error for a false kind of peace and unity, we distort the true meaning of love.

I hope the below article will be as encouraging to you, as it was to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment