Translate

A site that publishes some brief articles and other teaching of Father Thomas Reeves, the Priest/Pastor at St. Matthew's Episcopal Church in Bloomington, IL (stmattsblm.org)

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Review: Luther and His World

Luther and His World Luther and His World by Graham Tomlin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fantastic little book. I would start a college student, new seminarian, or lay-person in the church with this book before introducing them to anything else on Luther. Well-done, balanced, and with helpful artwork and drawings. Tomlin has a profound sense of the time-period and an excellent grasp of the complexities, contradictions, and impact of this man called Martin Luther.

Highly Recommended.

I would also add that he is an Anglican Scholar, and this also makes me proud! (when too often I am not!)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment